Gazi University, Faculty of Science, first in 1978-1979, depending on Economic and Commercial Sciences Academy and Statistics in Education in the Faculty of Basic Sciences was opened in 1982 and No. 2809 amended Constitution of Higher Education for the approval of Legislative Decree No. 41 of kanununla, Gazi University, Faculty of Science was established.
Dated February 11, 2011, and 2010/1371 the Council of Ministers of the faculty and the name was changed to the Faculty of Science. Still Statistics Faculty of Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology Departments have been used.
The education period is 4 years and the language of instruction is Turkish. To further the quality of education, the faculty departments and two branch-by-branch of accreditation is ongoing. At the same time, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology departments conducted a second training program. In addition, the Department of Statistics, 30% of the courses are given in English preparatory program and implemented.
In addition, the 2010 - 2011 academic year, students who graduated from the pedagogical certificate programs are implemented.